Here are 15 fun FixMeStick facts you may find interesting:
- The FixMeStick is a malware removal product compatible for PC and Mac operating systems that uses a Live USB architecture, Linux as its operating system, and anti-virus engines from Avira, McAfee, and Sophos. It also has FixMeStick’s ScanArray, providing an additional 7 antivirus engines accessed over the Internet.
- The FixMeStick is a hardware product with its technology integrated behind a single full-screen application (the user never sees Linux, or any of the antivirus engines).
- The FixMeStick is for the world’s 2 billion non-technical Internet users who lack a Lisbeth Salander in their corner.
- We appeared on Dragons’ Den twice since the founding of the company, but instead opted to build FixMeStick without external funding.
- With the help of 1000 backers in a Kickstarter campaign, we raised 50k dollars to release a FixMeStick for Mac in 2014.
- Canadian Business and PROFIT ranked FixMeStick 9th in the 29th annual PROFIT 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
- We live and operate in Montreal (the world’s 20th best city for startups).
- We’re pushing 40 and still write the software ourselves.
- When we started FixMeStick our twitter accounts had less than 10 followers combined.
- The FixMeStick is available internationally – including retailers in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and France.
- We just released a new commercial which features many members of our team, including our two founders Corey Velan and Marty Algire, as well as our VP, Annie Sorich!
- We offer free tech support for our customers via chat and email.
- Our mascot is the FixMan – he wears a red cape, which has become an important symbol of our FixMeStick culture.
- We all share one large office – engineers next to support agents next to management!
- When we say “FixMeStick,” people giggle.
If you know us, or know of a FixMeStick fact we left out, go for it 😉