Since the release of StartMeStick last year, many of our FixMeStick customers have been asking ‘what is the difference between the FixMeStick and the StartMeStick, and do I need both?’
In this article, we will outline the functions of both the FixMeStick and the StartMeStick as well as the difference between the two. This article will help you determine which will best help your computer – you might even want both!
What is the FixMeStick?
The FixMeStick is the world’s leading virus removal device. With a FixMeStick, you can avoid having to replace a computer that is bogged down with viruses.
Unlike antivirus software, which works only while your system is running, the FixMeStick reboots your computer using a system on the stick, so it’s able to remove the viruses and malware that other antivirus and security programs can’t detect.
By using FixMeStick once a month, you keep your computer, files, and keep your privacy. The FixMeStick finds malware on more than 80% of the computers it scans, even though 99% of our customers run antivirus software as well!
What does the FixMeStick really do?
- Scans your computer’s files using an embedded multi-scanner and connects to more in the cloud for up-to-the-second detection and removal of the latest threats.
- Finds and removes infections that got past your antivirus software.
- Starts before your system boots to remove infections that won’t come off while your system is running.
- Does not replace or conflict with antivirus software.
Have more questions about FixMeStick? Check out our FAQ page for more answers!
What is the StartMeStick?
The StartMeStick is a fast, private, and secure operating system on a USB stick. As long as your computer is able to turn on, you can use the StartMeStick to give your computer a second life.
Plug it into a computer that is not functioning as expected, PC or Mac, and it turns it into a fast, secure, and private one for everything you do online e.g. social networks, search, email, video, music, games, business apps, Zoom, etc. Once you’re done, you can pull it out and use it on as many computers as you’d like.
The StartMeStick revives old computers with its fast, private, and secure operating system on a stick by temporarily replacing your computer’s original operating system. The data is never stored anywhere, it exists only in RAM, and RAM is reset each time the computer is rebooted, so it never slows down your computer with unnecessary clutter! It comes loaded with everything you might need to surf the web on a regular computer:
- An Internet browser
- A text editor
- A Solitaire card game
What does the StartMeStick really do?
- StartMeStick boots your computer into a separate, fast, secure, and private operating system.
- Gives new life to a computer that is not booting your original operating system, or is extremely slow.
- Allows you to browse the web safely without storing any personal data.
- Saves your computer from being slowed down by unnecessary clutter as it never stores any data on the StartMeStick.
StartMeTip: The StartMeStick does not scan your computer for viruses. If you are concerned about viruses on your computer, definitely check out the FixMeStick!
Have more questions about StartMeStick? Check out our FAQ page for more answers!
Do I Need a FixMeStick or a StartMeStick?
Here are some scenarios for you to determine whether you need the StartMeStick or the FixMeStick to save you from your computer problems.
- ‘I think my computer has viruses that are making my computer difficult to use’ – Use a FixMeStick to scan your computer and remove unwanted viruses! FixMeStick can save you from replacing that computer, and speed up your computer in the process.
- ‘My FixMeStick scan said my computer is clean, but my computer is still not working properly and crashes all the time!’ – Use a StartMeStick to revive an old computer not working properly! It will allow you to boot into the StartMeStick operating system where you can do everything you normally do online!
- ‘I have antivirus software, but I still think there are viruses on my computer.’ – Use the FixMeStick to remove viruses that slip past your antivirus! FixMeStick removes viruses and malware that other antivirus and security programs can’t detect. It finds malware on more than 80% of the computers it scans, even though 99% of our customers run antivirus software as well!
- ‘My old computer turns on, but is stuck on a blue screen and I can’t log in.’ – As long as your computer gets power, you can use StartMeStick to breathe new life into it. The StartMeStick allows you to boot into an operating system separate from your corrupted one. You can do everything you need to online, and save yourself from buying a new computer!
We hope this answered any of your FixMeStick and StartMeStick questions! If you still have questions, please contact our support team HERE or leave a comment below!