Only last week Facebook came forward with claims of compromised user data, and today Under Armour is revealing the same. Under Armour purchased the popular fitness app MyFitnessPal in 2015. Now, in February, over 150 million MyFitnessPal accounts were breached, causing it to be one of the largest data breaches in history. Under Armour is urging users to change their passwords, Dashlane can help you do this.
What to know:
- Unlike Facebook, who admitted that Cambridge Analytica had been collection user data without permission, current evidence shows Under Armour was hacked.
- Emails, usernames, and passwords were compromised. To date social insurance, credit card, and phone numbers are safe but you still need to be careful.
- MyFitnessPal is a mobile and web app which means it is possible for hackers to gain further access to your devices and data and more sensitive information.
Keep an eye out for:
- Phishing scams. Do not open unknown emails or attachments. The compromised emails are extremely useful and valuable to hackers.
- Other accounts being compromised. If you use the same passwords, change them now!
- Bank and Credit Card statements. Although this information was not directly exposed, the application connects to your devices.
What we recommend:
- Changing your passwords across all platforms. Start using Dashlane to help generate and remember secure passwords.
- Resetting all your browsers.
- Adding a Pop-up Blocker.
- Running a FixMeStick Scan.
Try Dashlane today! Here are just some of the features of Dashlane Premium:
- Automatically log into your accounts so you’ll never forget another password
- Automatically syncs across all your devices, so your passwords are always with you
- Generate strong, unique passwords with a single click and change them in seconds
- Create and log into accounts with a single click
- Securely store and autofill payment information for instant checkout
- Secure passwords and data in Dashlane’s military-grade encrypted vault
- Optional two-factor authentication for added security
- Safely encrypt and backup your account to the Cloud
- Set up an emergency contact to inherit your passwords in the event of an accident
- Can automatically changes passwords on 500 websites
- Premium customer service with priority VIP status
- Have cross-platform use for Mac, PC, iOs, and Android
- Receive security monitoring services and breach alerts
Don’t wait to start being proactive about your protection! Get your Dashlane Premium Subscription today! This discount won’t last long.