Almost all computer programs come with built-in uninstallers, but sometimes built-in measures leave behind parts of the program that they’re meant to remove.
If the program in question is actually malware, it might try to trick you into keeping the program or leave parts of it behind so it can continue working!
You can take a big step to keeping your computer clean and secure by using a program like Revo Uninstaller to check through all your installed programs and uninstalling the ones you don’t want.
- First, you’ll have to download Revo. Click here to go to their website and download the free version of their software.
- Once Revo has downloaded, open it up and install the progra
- Here’s what Revo Uninstaller looks like. Here are all the programs that are installed on this computer.
- And here is the uninstall button.
- Now here’s the method we recommend:
- Search each program name with Google to see if it’s something you need, something you don’t need, or something that could harm your computer.
- When you find a program that needs to be uninstalled, click on it once to highlight and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Select Moderate and click Next.
- The built in uninstaller will run first, so be patient while that starts up.
- After the built in uninstaller removes the bulk of the program, Revo will search for any leftovers that should be removed.
- Click Select All and then click Delete.
- Now just repeat with the list of programs that Revo shows you!
The process might feel a little tedious at first, but at the end of it, you’ll have a streamlined computer that’s not carrying any extra weight! Remember to double check by searching in Google before you uninstall anything. Just because you don’t know what something does, it doesn’t mean it’s something you don’t need!