Equifax Was Hacked – Now What?
Equifax, one of the three largest credit agencies, announced that 143 million credit records have been stolen between May and July, including 44 million British customers. This means Social Security numbers, driver’s licenses and credit cards could now be in the hand of criminals.
What can you do to protect yourself:
- Check the Equifax website to see if your data was leaked
- You can sign up for their free credit monitoring service from their site
- Check your credit reports across the major credit bureaus by visiting annualcreditreport.com
- You might want to place a credit freeze on your files – making it hard for someone to open a new account in your name
- Keep yourself safe! As cyber security breaches become more prevalent you need to stay up to date – run a FixMeStick scan and have an active antivirus
Limited-Time Offer on Up-To-The Minute Protection
McAfee® Total Protection
Protect your computers, smartphones and tablets
We’ve partnered with McAfee for an exciting deal! This exclusive discount is only available to FixMeStick customers. One license protects up to 5 devices (PCs, Macs, smartphones, tablets).