With October being Cyber Security Awareness Month we’ve got a jam-packed month of tips and deals to keep you safe! First off, 5 steps to be safer online!
1. Careful what Wi-Fi networks you connect to – if you’re out and about try to only connect to networks you know and trust. If you connect to an open network it’s a good idea to run a FixMeStick scan after to make sure nothing sneaked onto your system.
2. Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, camera and location services when not in a secure location or if you are not using them – these can give hackers and others open access to your devices. You can usually find this in the “Settings” section of your device.
3. Watch where you download things from – many “free” shows, movies and music downloads come with malware and other threats that compromise your privacy and safety.
4. Keep your operating system and antivirus software up-to-date – FixMeStick works in partnership with antivirus, you need antivirus to protect and FixMeStick to clean. Keep everything updated so you’re protected from the latest threats.
5. Use long, strong and unique passwords for anything that requires a login – make a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. Having trouble remembering all those passwords? McAfee Total Protection comes with a free password manager, TrueKey, to make it easy!
Limited-Time Offer On Up-To-The Minute Protection
McAfee® Total Protection
– Protect up to 5 devices – computers, smartphones and tablets.
– TrueKey accounts to easily manage passwords with one click.
– And protect yourself from identity theft.
We’ve partnered with McAfee for an exciting deal! This exclusive discount is only available to FixMeStick customers.