At FixMeStick, we pride ourselves on offering amazing Canadian based customer support. We are happy to help all of our customers 6 days a week!
We know talking to a tech agent can be a little daunting if you feel like you don’t understand technology. So here are some helpful tips you can use to make any interactions with our support team easier, faster and more effective.
Before contacting our customer support team…
Here are some steps you can take to find your answer quickly, and avoid waiting on hold.
- Read the instructions all the way through: both the FixMeStick and StartMeStick instructions are included in your package. Or, you can find them on our website, FixMeStick here. We also have a Knowledge Base with lots of additional information and solutions – you can check it out here.
- Google it! We understand waiting on hold is no fun, so do all you can to avoid it. Getting a specific error message? Have an issue unrelated to FixMeStick? Chances are that this has happened to others before, and a Google search gives you access to tried and tested solutions.
- Check out our website! Have a quick question that you’re not sure where to find the answer to? The answer is likely on our website. You can find subscription costs, system requirements and more, by clicking “Learn More” on the FixMeStick.com home page.
While you’re contacting our customer support team…
Contacting us on the phone? Please read these suggestions to get the best, and most efficient support possible.
- Be descriptive! As easy as it is to say “It doesn’t work,” resist the urge. Whoever is helping you won’t be much help unless they know what’s going on.
- Be positive! Troubleshooting can be frustrating, but it’s doesn’t help if you’re convinced it isn’t going to work before trying.
- Be prepared! We ask that you have your FixMeStick or StartMeStick on hand, and you’re at your computer ready to troubleshoot. Knowing some basic information about the computer will also be a huge help – the version of Windows, the make of the computer, etc…
- Can’t get through over the phone? Try an email. While each of us can only answer one phone call at a time, it’s much easier to tackle several emails at once!
Contacting us via Email or Live Chat? Here are some more suggestions to avoid miscommunication, or playing email tag with us!
- Send a screenshot! Getting an error message? Unsure of where to click? Not seeing anything at all? Send along a picture of what you are seeing, and whoever is helping you will be much more equipped to assist you!
- Be specific! We may offer several different solutions, and responding with “It didn’t work” doesn’t give us much to go on. Make a note of what happened when you tried each different option, and let us know where it went wrong so we can propose the best thing to try next.
- Again – be prepared! Telling us your order number, your FixMeStick or StartMeStick serial number, and information about your computer is super helpful!
Check out this example of a helpful and descriptive email, versus a non-descriptive and unclear email that might lead to several more emails back and forth, which is likely just what you want to avoid:
After contacting customer support…
- Take notes! Is this something you’re going to have to do again in the future? Write down the steps, or better yet ask us to give you a rundown of how you can do this in the future. No need to wait on an email back or on the phone next time, you’ve got it mapped out!
- Have a good experience with support? Let them know. Our team really does want to help, and we are always glad to know that our suggestions worked. Help us figure out what works for each specific computer and simplify the troubleshooting process for future users!
- Have a bad experience? Let us know that too. Help us figure out how we can improve and how we could have better helped you. We’re firm believers that feedback is key to improvement.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at FixMeStick. We love hearing from our customers! We’re here to help, and greatly appreciate the efforts our customers put in to make it such a pleasant experience.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach us via live chat at FixMeStick.com/Contact!