How many of us are guilty of using the same password for our emails, online banking, and social media? How many times have we used our birthday or pet’s name as a password? How about password, 12345, or even monkey?
Unfortunately by using simple, easy-to-remember passwords, we’re actually making the passwords simple and easy-to-crack for hackers. They are able to program viruses to track these patterns, rendering you unintentionally responsible for your own information being stolen. But don’t panic just yet!
Here are the top 5 Worst Passwords of 2017:
Check out the complete list here.
Security experts suggest these five tips to have safer passwords:
- Start with creating a password that includes a combination of letters, numbers, uppercase, and lowercase characters
- The longer the better: 12 characters or more
- Make sure you are always using a different password for everything – especially anything on the internet
- Make sure you change your passwords frequently – and try to use something you haven’t used before. Changing just one letter or number isn’t enough.
- Use a password manager to organize, generate and automatically update all your passwords easily. Remembering that many creative numbers and phrases is a serious feat! The best solution to this is Dashlane Password Manager.
Our support team uses Dashlane and loves it. They’ve personally recommended it to friends and family and that’s why we are recommending it to you. Plus we have an exclusive discount on Dashlane Premium for our customers!
Dashlane is the number one recommended password protection application. As a FixMeStick customer you can benefit from this exclusive discount on a Premium Subscription with Dashlane!
Here are just some of the features of Dashlane Premium:
- Automatically log into your accounts so you’ll never forget another password
- Automatically syncs across all your devices, so your passwords are always with you
- Generate strong, unique passwords with a single click and change them in seconds
- Create and log into accounts with a single click
- Securely store and autofill payment information for instant checkout
- Secure passwords and data in Dashlane’s military-grade encrypted vault
- Optional two-factor authentication for added security
- Safely encrypt and backup your account to the Cloud
- Set up an emergency contact to inherit your passwords in the event of an accident
- Can automatically changes passwords on 500 websites
- Premium customer service with priority VIP status
- Have cross-platform use for Mac, PC, iOs, and Android
- Receive security monitoring services and breach alerts
Don’t wait to start being proactive about your protection! Get your Dashlane Premium Subscription today! This discount won’t last long.