Do you miss the days when your computer was brand new and fast? Sometimes clutter builds up in and around your computer and slows it to a snail’s pace. Here’s 3 easy steps to thoroughly clean your computer and having it running faster in no time.
First, let’s start with the operating system of your computer:
- Sometimes viruses hide on your computer and slow it down. FixMeStick boots externally to deep clean malware that goes undetected by most antivirus software. For National Cyber Security Month we’re giving you $10 off a new FixMeStick – try it here before this deal is over.
- For everyday maintenance to clear clutter and improve performance consider System Mechanic. It’s an easy way to stop frustrating errors, crashes, and freezes by clearing junk from your PC to make it work noticeably better. Get it for 50% off now!
Then lets focus on the physical inside of the computer:
- Often dust builds in your computer’s fan which causes it to overheat and slows performance. First, turn off and unplug your computer. Use compressed air to blow dust away from the fans. Do this every couple months so dust doesn’t build up.
Now turn to the outside…
- Wipe your screen down with a dry cloth. Then put a little water on it so it’s damp and wipe it again. If there’s still grime use a solution of 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water or water and white vinegar to get it off.
- For your keyboard, first unplug it. Turn it upside down to get the crumbs out. Use compressed air to clean between the keys. Then wipe it with a cloth dipped in a little water or rubbing alcohol.
- Finally your mouse, unplug it and wipe down the outside. If your mouse has a ball underneath, be sure to rotate the ball with a cloth.